Uptown Girl's Book Nook

Loves. Reviews. Wants.


The Shack Review

This is my thoughts immediately after I put the book down....

WOW.

God spoke many things into my heart from this book and one line I cannot get out of my head is "He is fond of you". So many times we lose sight of the fact that not only does God love you, He LIKES you. So many parts of this book hit home for me and I cried my way through it and even after. I'm left with so much hope and truth that my heart is overwhelmed with emotion that tears stream down my face. Everyday He is my life, in Me. He guides me, directs me and talks to me. I am His child loved and cared for regardless of my own decisions.


It's hard to describe what impact this book will have on me but I know it will and already is. There are only a few books I've read that have really spoke to me - this is now #1 on my list!

Labels: , , ,

3 Responses to “The Shack Review”

  1. # Blogger Don Holmes

    This book is a theological disaster:
    Review: donholmes.blogspot.com  

  2. # Blogger Pastor Jim

    Don is correct. Theologically, "The Shack" contains numerous anti-Scriptural ideas. Unfortunately, the story is sufficiently intriguing that many will be seduced into believing its antibiblical messages (of which there are many!).

    ~Jim at http://www.jimfeeney.org  

  3. # Blogger Unknown

    Guess what? I don't care! Sometimes a novel is just a novel.  

Post a Comment



© 2006 Uptown Girl's Book Nook | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.